LAUSD offers parent and family engagement opportunities at the central level, at our Local District and Community of Schools, and at our school. LAUSD adopted a Districtwide Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy on June 12, 2018. The Policy is distributed annually to parents whose students attend a Title I school. Below is a copy of the LAUSD Districtwide Title I Parent Policy.
The Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy describes how the District will:
- Strengthen parent and school capacity for building relationships and supporting student academic achievement
- Annually evaluate the policy, identify barriers to successful engagement, and design strategies to decrease the barriers
- Involve parents in the development of the Local Control and Accountability Plan Federal Addendum (former LEA Plan)
In addition to the District’s Parent and Family Engagement Policy, each Title I school must:
- Develop, with parents, its own written School Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy at the beginning of each year.
- A copy of the 2021-2022 Los Angeles Academy Middle School Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy is available below:
A School-Parent Compact for Achievement is an agreement that parents, students and teachers develop together. It explains how parents and teachers will work together to make sure all students reach or exceed grade level standards
The parents, students, and staff meet yearly to discuss student learning needs based on current grade-level data. Our School-Parent compact for Achievement is revised based on these discussions. Teachers suggest home learning strategies, parents add ideas to make them more specific, and students identify ways to support their learning goals.
Below is a copy of our 2021-2022 Los Angeles Academy Middle School School-Parent Compact: